Monday, February 8, 2010

Dinner and an acknowledgement...

I know, I never do two posts in a day... Maybe I should have saved one of these for tomorrow... Or maybe I will take tomorrow off... Who knows...
I'll start with the acknowledgement. Auntie Twin - thank you for your help, support and creativity!! It is from her that I got the recipe for "my" marshmallows, and she is the one who recently made amazingly rich, chocolaty cocoa that inspired me. I promise, you are fully appreciated, and I hope I can inspire some of your meals, crafts and activities!!

On that note, tonight's dinner was something which Auntie Twin told me about a while ago. She made it for her family, and I remade it for mine, only vegetarian. I remade it again tonight, still vegetarian, but different. Still yummy, and this is a keeper recipe!!

Let me start by saying how much I love my crock pot. Even when it requires a little more prep work, I love being able to throw a bunch of things in, walk away and come back to a home that smells amazing and a meal that tastes great. Tonight's crock pot creation is a Mexican dip/filling/pot of goodness. It starts with a can of black beans, a can of corn and a jar of salsa. I added to this mix sauteed onion, garlic, peppers and zucchini. I then added some sauteed soy chorizo. Cover and cook for a few hours. The house smelled amazing. I was so excited. Before this is ready, though, there is more to add. Cream cheese. Cubed up cream cheese. (I also added some shredded cheese, because I love shredded cheese.) Cook for another hour, and the creaminess factor is delicious.

The sides for this meal were just as important. At least in my opinion. Fresh guacamole, more shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato, chips and some black olives for hubby. We took this concoction and made it into burritos. Sort of... I am a notoriously messy eater... So while everything made it into the tortilla, I just had no confidence in my ability to eat it without wearing most of it... So I ate with a fork, knife and a bunch of tortilla chips. This is amazingly yummy, and I highly recommend it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment