Friday, July 20, 2012

Surprise! Pizza

I love pizza.  And I love sourdough.  And when the two combine, it is pure yumminess!  This month's Sourdough Surprise was pizza, which was a wonderful choice.  (And, no, it wasn't up to me!!)  This is the recipe that Sourdough Surprises used as inspiration. It looks great. But I didn't use it. I used this one instead.  I had made a sourdough pizza several weeks earlier using a method like the one in that second recipe, and I liked it so much I wanted to do it again.  But I couldn't find the same link, so I searched and did the best I could.  And this must be almost the same thing, because it tasted just as good as I remembered.
Lots of pictures for you, 'cause I have no way of offering tastes...
The dough, kneaded and resting:
 Stretching to fit the pizza pan:
 Covered in plastic and left to "sour" (this adds a lot of flavor, don't skip this part!):
 Pre-baked, waiting to be topped:
 Topped, baked, sliced and ready to go:
 Look at the crumb!  So tasty...:
 And for good measure, my slice, ooey, gooey, veggie-covered and delicious!
Please make this pizza.  It is so good!!!

4 comments:

  1. YUM - look at all that ooey gooey veggie deliciousness - AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! I love how you let the rolled out crust ferment for a bit - you got a really nice rise and crumb from it! And all those veggies and all that cheese - oh yuuuummmm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooey gooey PERFECTION. I always order veggie pizza, and yours looks so fresh and crunchy and colourful. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of a "soak" like that before. I should give it a try because my sourdough starter is very mild and this might give it a flavour boost. All that cheese and those crunchy veggies - what a great pizza!

    ReplyDelete